Sell Your Produce at Denio’s
Selling produce at Denio’s is traditional and profitable. For decades now, thousands of people have been drawn to Denio’s each week to find the highest quality fresh produce available in the marketplace. Add to that the low cost of doing business at Denio’s and you can understand why many of our produce vendors have been with us for years! So, come on out to Denio’s, and join our successful group of vendors who know that people come every weekend to see “What’s new at Denio’s!”
Click an item below for more details
General rules governing the farmers market
Friday 8:30a to 4:30p
Saturday & Sunday 5:30a to one hour after public closing
Friday 9:00a to 2:00p
Saturday 7:00a to 3:00p & Sunday 7:00a to 5:00p (All Vendors must be open at 7:00am)
- Signage & Scales – All produce must have proper signage displaying the price per pound or the price of each item. Attaching signage to any walls, pillars, or tables, or the use of nails or staples for any purpose, is strictly prohibited. Certified scales (certifications are by Dept. of Weights and Measures) are required and must be maintained in good condition.
- Space Boundaries – Produce spaces are clearly defined. Vendors must ensure that all product remains within the boundaries of vendor’s spaces to allow clear ingress and egress by customers.
- Safety & Sanitation – Denio’s, with the help of the vendors, works diligently to maintain a clean, sanitary and safe environment for customers. Vendors are responsible for continuous cleanup and sweeping, out to and including the middle of the aisle, both in the front and back of spaces. It is imperative that walkways and pathways be clear of fruit and vegetable debris as well as boxes at all times.
- Trash – On a daily basis, all vendors are expected to remove all of their trash, debris, cardboard and spoils from the premises. Denio’s does not collect nor provide disposal services for the vendors. Denio’s provides sinks throughout the produce area for the purposes of sanitary hand-washing only by both vendors and their employees. These sinks are NOT for washing produce. No further produce processing may take place on our premises. Trash removal is a costly venture. Enforcing trash removal policies may result in fines, billing accounts, or exclusion from selling at Denio’s. Trash cans are strictly for the use of customers, not vendors.
- Sunday Night Closing – Every Sunday night, vendors must remove all produce, empty boxes, pallets, bins and tubs from their produce spaces. Grocery vendors may leave only those items that are not perishable and are sealed, no bagged product. There will be no storing of any produce or perishable products throughout the week on the premises. Denio’s regularly cleans the yard mid-week and will not be responsible for any product left. Any exceptions will be by Denio’s Management, exclusively.
Produce Handling Details
- All produce must be sold in its natural state. For example, corn must be in the husk and sugar cane must be sold in whole stock. Cactus stickers may be scrapped. Vendors may not pre-bag fruits and vegetables for sale to customers. All customers must be allowed to make their own choices. Red, white, and yellow onions are the only exception – these may be pre-bagged onsite up to 5 lbs. No 50lb. bags of any product may be sold. No produce items may be sliced, diced or otherwise altered.
- Any fruits or vegetables brought in bagged by the packing plant (regardless of bag size) must be emptied onto the produce tables, again so customers may make their own choices. This includes, but is not limited to: bags of potatoes, onions, oranges, carrots, and corn. Cauliflower coming from the packer individually wrapped may be sold in wrapped form. In addition, grapes coming from the packer in clear flow-thru bags may be sold in bag form.
- No pre-cut or pre-mix salad or vegetable snack mixes are permitted. Fruits or vegetables may be cut open for display of quality only; However, no slicing, dicing, chopping, or any preparation which further processes a product for the public, whether intended for consumption on the grounds or at home will be allowed. Changing a product from its natural state constitutes further processing. Sampling of any product requires certain conditions be met. Please contact Denio’s Management for details.
Products other than produce
Only vendors approved by Denio’s may sell any product other than produce, such as grocery items, candy, breads, piñatas, etc. All products sold and the portion or size sold must be approved by Denio’s. Any changes to each vendor’s approved product list must be submitted in writing and approved by Denio’s. All vendors approved by Denio’s must provide and maintain the appropriate permits necessary to sell these other products. Having the necessary permits to sell other products will not guarantee that Denio’s will approve a vendor to sell those products. Call us at (916) 782-2704 for more information.
Fines may be imposed for each violation and/or License Agreement may be revoked.